Heeyyy Glamazons let us introduce our “Glam Star” for this week… Valerie Egbuniwe *thunder applause*.
Hi Valerie tell us about you and how you juggle everyday Valerie Egbuniwe life
- My name is Valerie Egbuniwe and I wear many hats. I’m currently a Marketing Associate by the day, and a content creator every other time.
- I also dabble with my online thrift business called CuratedByAval
- With juggling, apps are my best friends! Although I feel old saying this but anything that doesn’t make it to my calendar or to do list, probably doesn’t get done.
What are your career goals?
- Although I’m currently in Marketing, my career goal is to be a product manager within the next 2 years. I love to work with teams to create products/applications to improve the lifestyle of customers. I believe a lot more brands need to create products that customers actually need, which in turn translates to revenue and is easily marketable.
First thing you do in the morning
- Truth be told, say a quick thank you Jesus, grab my phone and pull down my notifications.
One gotta go: shoes or clothes?
- Shoes definitely, although I love them! A girl cannot walk about naked. Hence, we keep clothes
Who are some of your favorite icons and why?
- My icons change as seasons change. Right now, I’m so inspired by Juliet Ehimuan, country director Google Nigeria, she’s breaking ceilings and inspiring my tech girl dreams in every way. Aimee Song of Song of Style, just launched her fashion line in collaboration with Revolve and I appreciate how she built over the years (it took her 13 years), but she did other things as those years went by. Michelle Obama is an all-time fave and I believe every black girl on this earth knows why.
If you could only choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Conqueror by Estelle and Jussie Smollett
If you could go to any country or state, which would it be and why?
- Right now, would be a trip to Marrakesh, Morroco, it’s so rich in culture and I believe everyone needs to experience that city at least once in their lives or Cape Town South Africa, I’ll like to climb the Table Mountain, explore the beautiful city
What inspires/drives you
- The future I have seen I can attain and the need to fulfil everything God has placed me on this earth to achieve.
What’s the most interesting thing about you
- Hmmmm this one’s tough! There are so many but I’ve lives in the North, East, West and South of Nigeria.
If you were to get rid of one world problem which would it be and why
What would we always find in your purse/bag
- Debit card/Cash because a girl doesn’t want to be stranded
You have fabulous skin, what are your skincare tips/secrets
- Thank you!! With skincare, don’t let anyone make you think it’s complicated. The easiest 3 step routine I can give as a fellow queen who wants to see you thrive and flourish is this
- Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize and oh! Never forget sunscreen (I’m generous, we’ve got four)