Hey glamazons! We recently met K’ola from MTV and she was more than glad to tell us some things we didn’t know about her. She’s totally awesome! Check out what she had to say.
How has it been since you won MTV Base VJ search?
- The world feels like an endless field of opportunity. I am finding my voice more and more everyday. One of the biggest parts of my job is that I get to tell other people’s stories, and after winning the MTV Base VJ search, I get to create my own story. Each chapter has been filled with lessons, self love, and self improvement. I guess you can say that I am on my Journey To Happy.
What has Ndani Real Talk taught you so far?
- Ndani Real Talk is one of the most unexpected gifts that God has given me. I get to connect with real people and talk about real topics. One of the biggest lessons that I have learned from the show is that it’s not only important to speak your truth, but to live your truth. This past season, I got to talk about relationships, marriage, societal expectations, and self love. Being on the show has not only made me accountable to my viewers but also to myself, which I have to say is absolutely liberating, because I can say with confidence that I am living my life in a very authentic and real way.
What are your career goals?
- I’ve always been on the “Oprah Plan.” I’m not saying that I’m going to live my life exactly like her, but rather I want to be influential. I want to be influential in creating a more positive dialogue about Africa. I want to have my own production studio and tell stories that empower those that have felt marginalized and forgotten. I hope to one day touch people at the depths of their souls and make them strive to achieve a better version of themselves. But most importantly no matter what I do, I simply want to be a good person that creates a happy life that others would want to be a part of.
How do you juggle between your everyday Yinka Oladiran life and being K’ola?
- To be honest, in the past I’ve had a very difficult time juggling the two. But I started to feel at peace when I was honest with myself. I asked myself a very simple but difficult question. Who are you? The truth is after the glitz and glam fades away, all I’m left is Yinka. A small woman with really big dreams. So if an opportunity or a situation arises that doesn’t “work” for Yinka; then it simply doesn’t work for me. Because at the end of the day, Yinka Oladiran is who I am and all I’ve got.
What has your keto journey being like and what inspired it?
- Ever since my uni days, I’ve been a health and fitness nut. When I moved to Nigeria, I gained some weight and I wanted a way to drop some of the extra weight I had picked up during my two years back home. My friend Royinba Onijala told me about Keto and I wanted to give it a try. I’m not gonna lie the first couple of weeks were horrible, but basically I had to find keto substitutes for some of my favorite foods. Now I do a mix between keto, clean eating, and keeping up my pescaterian diet.
Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?
- Without a doubt I would not be who and where I am today if not for God. People always ask me what the key was to winning VJ search, the answer is simple, I literally had to fast and pray my way to victory. I always say just because an opportunity is a good one, doesn’t mean it’s the right one. The only way you will know is if you carry God along with you every step of the way.
How did you start K’ola’s Korner?
- K’Ola’s Korner actually started because of my IG followers. People would DM me questions or ask for my opinions about certain topics, so I would do one minute response videos on instagram. However, that wasn’t enough, and people wanted longer videos so I made K’Ola’s Korner into a YouTube channel. The Youtube channel will be getting revamped later on this year, so be on the lookout for that.
If you could get free products from any of these makeup brands for a whole year, which would you choose? : Fenty Beauty, Huda Beauty and Lancome
- This is a hard one, because I love all three brands. However, I would say I am currently obsessed with Fenty Beauty. Rihanna is such a fearless woman, and I am truly excited for all there is to come from her line. She seems to be dropping something new everyday, and I just can’t get enough.
What’s one rumor you’ve heard about yourself that you found funny?
- There is this one particular rumor that seems to be never ending. It started right when I won VJ search and has remained a constant for the past two years. Basically people seem to think that Dj Spinall and I are a couple. I am an extremely private person and my love life is off limits but one thing I will say is that Spinall and I are very good friends that have a lot of fun together. He is like family to me and any woman would be lucky to have him.
What’s one trend that you hate?
- Cycling Shorts. I just wish everybody would leave their cycling shorts and camel toe at home. Basically they all need to be burnt.
Hmm, K’ola is such an enlightened and knowledgeable woman and she is definitely doing great things for herself! We love her so much and we can’t wait to see her takeover the world. Let’s not forget how much of an eye candy she is, so gorgeous.
Thank you for always being glamorous! See you next week.