Hey glamazons! How’s it going?
So let’s talk about Vanessa Azar, the very interesting beautiful woman we were glad to have met.
Who is Vanessa Azar?
- A Cameroonian Lebanese Woman, truly Parisian at hear and passionate about art and emotions.
What would you do if you found a 10million lottery ticket?
- Naira or Dollars ? Ahaha
What’s your favorite 90’s song?
- Wannabe/ Spice Girls of course !
If you could have unlimited supply of one thing, what would it be?
Do you like bright or dark rooms?
- Bright ! Life has already too many shades to add darker rooms …
How long have you been beauty blogging and what was your inspiration?
- For ever actually. Blogs did not even exist then so I was doing it on books. I had my polaroid and was writing and adding pictures on paper when I was a kid. Digital evolution has given it the term “blog” but I was there since… I started the alphabet. Ahaha. My Inspiration has always been woman all over the world, our fights, rights, beauty, and journey. Starting by my own…
What are some of your favorite skincare and beauty products?
- My favorite product of all time is Advanced night repair by Estée Lauder.
- Best foundation is Double Wear by Estée Lauder
- Best cream is hydra essentiel or multi active hour from Clarins
- Lipstick must be Mac Cosmetics
- My all time fragrance is Cuir Amethyst by Armani Privé
- Favorite Mascara is Noir Couture from Givenchy (a must have to sign contracts) !!!
Your favorite city
- Paris! A break from time to time in LA never hurts …
Name 5 things we’ll always find in your bag/purse
- My lipsticks (the reason why my bag weighs a bit more than the norm) , powerbank (my third lung), credit card and some business cards of random potential partners that I promise myself to classify but never do… I truly don’t have 5 things in my bag. It’s already messy with 3 things…
Are you more of a home body or traveler?
- Traveler for life sake!
First thing you do in the morning
- I yawn… or open my eyes…
One gotta go: shoes or clothes?
- Clothes got to go, since being naked is a new trend. I’d rather have my shoes with me!
English or French?
- Both. My first language is French (kind of romantic one) but English have more music in the words..
Wrong foundation shade or wrong lipstick color?
- Wrong lipstick for ever! You can always take it of and go nude. But a wrong foundation ??? Heeellll naaawwww
True love or awesome family?
- True love is awesome family to me 🙂
Who are some of your favorite icons and why?
- Madame C.J. Walker. First black woman to be millionaire by creating her cosmetic brand. She paved our way !
- Marilyn Monroe. Her story and sense of style got me loving the fragility of one of the strongest image of all time.
- Josephine Baker. First ever black star (woman) in the world. And she made adoption looks amazing. Had a big heart and grace !
- Nina Simone. Bold character, voice and strong ideas. She was raaaaawww and unapologetic. She give wings through her speech’s.
- Michelle Obama. JUST BECAUSE she is the result of every fights of our ancestors and sets our star soooo high. We should all reach that level and more !
- Diana Ross. She made black looks fun, and fab, and sweet, and sexy, and extra, and happy, and free !
- Aretha Franklin, Eartha Kitt, Dorothy Dandrige…
- Élise & Michele Azar. The 2 mentors and woman in my heart and life that I get to call MOTHERS. They simply makes me proud to spell my name W.O.M.A.N.
Who else agrees she’s an amazing woman who knows what she wants and what she stands for? If that isn’t a strong sign of strength then what is. Go check her out on Instagram at @vanessazar and send her our love!
Till next time, glamazons. Stay beautiful.